Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shoes for the World




Shoes for the World came to me while listening to the stories of Malcolm and Jackie Holt who have visited third world countries.
















What I see is the opportunity of ....

making a difference”.



I came to the realization that we can make a huge difference for them with quite little

I am, like you are too, looking to do something meaningful, something that will make your fibres shake.


This is it! We have kids that grow pretty fast, their shoes and clothes are soon too small. We often chuck them out or give them to charity not knowing where they went or if our gift has made an impact on anybody.





Recently I saw this picture





from a small island in the South Pacific paddling a canoe. His face showed ecstatic, just having received his first pair of shoes ever! That shook my fibres and got me thinking, what can I do?




















Shoes for the World





You and me gather shoes and clothes that people don’t need anymore, and ship it to those places in need. We have a network of people that are cruising (sailing) in those areas and that would be so happy to give them away and document it with pictures and testimonials.





How to?







Creating teams is the first step. These teams will start talking about Shoes for the World, get in contact with schools, communicate the idea to Principals, PAC Presidents, parents and students.












The teams will enrol people in the idea and plan on having two to three campaigns per year.

The teams will collect, pack, and ship the goods to either me or another team member at specific destinations throughout the world.

The cruisers will then be in charge of the distribution.

There are hundreds of Cruisers (people sailing their sailboats throughout the world) organized in an association (Bluewater Cruising Association (Canada); Seven Seas Cruising Association (USA); Royal Cruising Club (UK)), that would be happy to close the circle and make a difference, I am one of them!





What is the opportunity?

Making a difference to others?

Creating unity among us through a common task?




What do you see for yourself out of this?



Let me know your thought!

2 comments:

jim said...

congratulations on your adventure. have you explored social networks as a way to garner audience and to raise money for your shoes?

Winchester Research said...

I completely agree with Jim's suggestion. I am also trying to leverage social media to expand awareness and accomplish some fund raising for charitable causes. I look forward to working with you Eduardo.